If you are moving to Hawaii, then you will be moving to a place of mystic beauty and breath taking views. The islands house the friendliest people on earth. Hawaii has white sandy beaches that go on for miles. There are 8 main islands that make up the state. Get your free no obligation long distance moving quotes now! With the click of a few simple keys you will get the best prices around from the most reliable movers in your area.
Here Are A Few Little Known Facts About Hawaii:
- Hawaii is the only state in America that grows coffee.
- The state grows one third of the world’s stock of pineapples.
- Hawaii has its own time zone.
- If you do not own a boat you can be fined, it is the state law.
- Some of the best surf spots are here.
- The islands lead the entire world in the orchid and macadamia nut harvesting.
Moving to another state from Hawaii may seem daunting but our services will take the stress out of your relocation process. Instead of you having to call around for different moving quotes you get a quick quote from multiple sources right now from our website.
All you have to do is answer a few questions concerning your move and we will get you the most reasonable offers in the relocation market today. We will save you from spending too much on moving to your new home.
What Services Do Moving Companies Offer
Moving companies now offer a much wider range of services than ever before. These include but are not limited to:
- Packing up all of your items. Such as all packing your boxes and moving large furniture.
- Most shipping companies offer packing supplies for sale. Will you buy boxes, labels, packing tape?
- Storage facilities. Some moving companies have onsite storage facilities.
- Cleaning service. Some movers offer a pre cleaning of a vacant home or apartment.
- Unpacking, the moving companies may offer to unpack all of your stuff as well as stage your furniture. Your new home can be completely unpacked before you move in.
You will need to check with the moving companies to see what services they offer. Some of these services may cost extra.
Quick Tips For The Relocation Process
It may get very hectic when you are moving and it can seem like utter chaos. Organization is the key to completing moving any task and to get through your relocation unscathed. Here we will give you quick moving tips.
- Ask your moving company for a written estimate. This is part of your due diligence, so there will be no surprises when it comes time to pay for your moving services.
- Make a list of the items you want moved. This list should be itemized so that you do not forget anything. Itemized meaning your list should be done room by room.
- When you start going through all of your stuff you will find a lot of stuff that you will want to get rid of. Why not have a yard sale or sell your items on EBay? A lot of people have paid all of their moving costs with the proceeds of the items they did not want.
- Before you start packing you may want to think about how you will set up your new home. There are free software programs online that you can use to sketch out the rooms in your new home. You can actually see what a room will look like before you move.
- Do not forget to get extra packing supplies. You do not want to have to run to the store in the middle of moving to buy more boxes or tape.
- If your new home or apartment has an alarm make sure that you have the alarm code before you move.
Quick Checklist Before Getting A Moving Quote
This checklist will help you figure out exactly what your moving needs are. You will also be able to have a relocation plan of attack.
- What date do you want to move?
- Moving destination
- Will you purchase moving insurance?
- Will you purchase your moving supplies from the moving company or at a local store?
- Will you need any fragile items moved?
- Do you have any large items you need to move such as appliances or a piano?
- Do you need to rent a storage unit?
- How many boxes or square feet of stuff will you need moved?
What Questions Should You Ask The Moving Company
Once you have gotten your quick quotes from multiple moving companies you will need to make a decision. You should not just look at the prices you will also need to look at what the quote entails. The cheapest price is not always the best way to go. You should ask the moving companies the following questions.
- How long has the moving company been in business?
- Do they have property damage protection insurance?
- Do they offer estimates in writing?
- Do they have a license to move from state to state?
- Do they have references?
- Do they charge by the hour or by weight?
At this point you should have a choice in mind that you think is a good fit. For the general purpose of peace of mind you may also want to check out a couple more things about the moving company just to be certain that you are making an informed decision.
- You should check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure there are not any outstanding complaints. In some areas you can view the Better Business Bureau data online.
- You can check the company licensing and insurance information at Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration